"no" was all i could say



Once, you called me in the middle of the night
Asking me if you would really continue to court her
It made me want to say no
Because I had feelings for you too

Our talk just lasted for minutes but,
Your question really stuck on my mind
"Should I court her, vernie?"
"No" was all I could say.

"Why not? Don't you want me to be happy?"
"If that's what makes you happy, so be it.
Why are you asking my opinion anyway?"
"Because I need to hear your stand."

My stand wasn’t important, after all.
Because no matter how many times I'd say no,
No matter how many times I'd stop you,
You'd really continue to court her.

And you really did!
You courted her the day after you called me.
See? What was the point of asking me?
When my answer wouldn’t influence your decision?

Stupid.

"Should I court her, vernie?"
"No" was all I could say.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    charr lng..good good.. *applause*

Leave a Reply