friends, that's all we can be.

Whenever we're together,
I feel something strange.
My heart would beat faster,
And blood would flow to my cheeks.

A lot of times, I've thought of confessing.
Yet, my fear would win over my courage.
I'm afraid that he'll walk away,
So it's better to hide this feeling.

One day, a friend told me that he's leaving.
I didn't know what to do.
Should I confess of should I not?
But, it's better to do it, before it's too late.

"ei…", I said, still finding my courage.
"I..uhm…I", I had a hard time saying it.
"yes, Vern?" he said with a sweet tone.
"uhm, i..aahh, I have..a crush on you."

He paused. "uhmm, Vern,", his tone was sad..
"We can be friends." [-------------]
It was as if my whole world went dark
And my heart was stabbed a million times.

Friends, that's all we can be
For his heart is taken by someone I don’t know.
Friends, that's all we can be
For he's leaving to go after that someone whom he loves.

Well, anyway, my goal was just to confess,
Nothing more, nothing less.



5 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    HAHAHA. in lab man ni akung miga nga si vernie uy! HAHAHA. nice poem. i like. :D
    -karla

  2. Anonymous says:

    "yes, Vern?" he said with a sweet tone.
    -->may i know who's the lucky guy?(hehe echos)

    "uhm, i..aahh, I have..a crush on you."
    -->wat? so brave huh! idol!

    He paused. "uhmm, Vern,", his tone was sad..
    "We can be friends." [-------------]
    -->dangit! that guy!

    -miu:3-

  3. R says:

    hahaha!!
    IGAAAAT. :P
    sundug2 na ka nako ha?
    hahahaha.
    I LIKE!

    very mucho. :)

  4. oyyvernie says:

    yeah, sundog2x nimo, kabantay ka, i follow everything that's in your blog :) hahaha asa! sunud2x jud ko roj. When i read your poem buh, i felt the urge of making a poem pud pareha ato haahah :)))) bleh, nya buot? :P

  5. R says:

    charrrrness :)
    ana jud na.. ipaagi lang sa poem kung unsay naa sa imong heart gud.. :D:D

Leave a Reply