Someone voted for me??





Ben was never close to me before Kool Camp. I first noticed his group mate, Fe, because I was amazed by her camp name, Athena. Then, I noticed his teammate Elizar, who was my tribe mate and one of my partners in going up to the Climbing Wall. While we were up the wall, I had a hard time climbing because there are no more grips to hold on to. So, Elizar offered his weak arms and aided me to climb higher. WTH.


It was during the Upland Immersion that Ben and I became close. We woke up early in the morning to drink coffee and to have a chit-chat with the people who were assigned to cook our lunch that day. They told us some stories about how life in the upland area is.


During the coastal immersion, Ben and I became more close because he was the only group mate I had whom I can jam with. We talked about a lot of things. Because the YMA people noticed our closeness, some of them started to tease us. Fuji even teased me. He was pointing at a picture wherein the name “Benedict” was found and said, “uuuyy, Benedict.” WTH. Had he known who my crush was at that time, he would hesitate to tease me.


Before graduation, I had the chance to talk to Ben and asked him to help with the data of our research project. Although my group did not have the chance to report, I was glad that Ben helped me prepare.


I don’t know why I am very comfortable with Ben. I can say that we share something more than what simple friends share.

I never knew that Ben voted me for the Bridging Leader award. I never knew that he treats me as the best of the friendliest YMAers. :D

Leave a Reply