Philo teacher: What do you think about the UP students?

We were having our Philo class this morning. We were comparing USC from other universities across the nation, including UP, of course.


“What do you think about most of the UP students?” the teacher asked.

“Some of them are activists, Sir”, a classmate of mine replied.



“Have you noticed? Whenever the students from Ateneo do protests, there’d be traffic? Kay mag-Pajero man sila. And, the students from UP, on the other hand, would just…” the teacher stopped when my classmate, who answered a while ago, interrupted.

“Mag-Oblation Run sila sir”

“Bitaw. I have some friends who are from UP and I… I don’t like them. They’re like nerds.” the teacher continued.

Activists.
Oblation Run as a sign of protest.
Nerds.
--- These are what they think of us*. But they never knew that we are more than this.

I wanted to stand and correct their stereotyping, but I remained in my seat. It's a waste of time arguing about these kinds of things to people who don't even know what they are saying.


Philo teacher, classmate na S.I.P. squared take time to know us better before judging.

****I have a UPian blood. And that blood would dominate over other bloods. Hahahaha. UP has made a great impact in my development as a leader and as a person.

2 Responses so far.

  1. R says:

    TRUE.
    if i were you, i'd totally make a stand. but that would depend, too. :)

    the oblation run isn't for entertainment.
    Nerds, huh?
    we'll see. :)

  2. oyyvernie says:

    lageh roj. nalain ko. pero sagdie nalang. kapoieg pakiglalis oy. :)

Leave a Reply