from friends to strangers? eh?


There’s this one person whom I used to treat as one of my friends. He was my classmate in high school. We’re now in college. We enrolled in the same university. For the first semester, we were in the same block section.

It was the first day of class when I saw him sitting somewhere. He was alone so I approached him and asked, “oyy, what’s your first subject?” [that moment, I didn’t know that block sections have the same class schedules..wahaha ]

“BA [business ad]”, he slowly replied. It was as if he didn’t want to respond. Like his approach was so cold and I don’t know what his reason was for acting like that. Did I do something bad? Or was it because of my lousy actions during the previous years we had in high school? Ewan. That was the first and the last conversation we had for the whole S.Y. 2009-2010.

For the rest of the school year, the two of us never really had small talks. Whenever we meet in hallways or in classrooms, we’d only stare at each other for a while,.. bang.. act like we didn’t see each other, act like we never knew each other. It’s so heartrending because he’s really been a good friend. But now, we consider ourselves as strangers.

It was February this year when our co-batchmate told me that this person promised to talk to me before the year 2010 starts [that's three months ago]. This person said that he wanted to change. And he was planning to start that change with me [he would befriend me :) ]. But that plan was never put to action. Maybe because he’s a little too shy to approach me or maybe because I’m too far that whenever he tries to reach out to me, I stay away.

My friends told me that I should do my part also. I should make friends with him. For so many times, I really tried to gather my courage and approach him but the fear of him rejecting me triumphed over me.

Ugh. So sad. I miss him.

I’ll end this blog post with a text message, “It’s sad when people you know become people you knew. When you can walk right past someone like they were never a big part of your life. How you used to be able to talk for hours and how now, you could barely even look at them.”

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    "co-batchmate"

    - batchmate will do :)

    -roj-
    heemantaaayuun much? haha.
    mizz ya vernie!

Leave a Reply