Are you a True Friend?

What is a true friend?

For me, a true friend is someone you can count on. She is always there for you. She is like a pillow. Hug her in pain. Embrace her when you are happy.


But what if you made a mistake which is the reason why she is ignoring you?


I admit it. I am that friend, the one who made a mistake. Because my grades are lower than hers (when we are still in the first year level), I strived hard to be an honor student. When we will have a test, I will ask how many points she got. Sometimes she will not tell, but because of stubbornness, I always force her. If, again, she will not tell, I will ask the one who checked her paper. I made our scores as a basis if I excel or not. I knew it .I became selfish. I became an honor student in the last two grading periods. My parents and sponsors were very happy about it. But I, who became the honor student, was not happy. I have noticed that my friend is avoiding me. Night after night, I ask God about the reason why my friend is ignoring me. I waited a few minutes. Silence was everywhere. Until.....an answer came to my mind. "You have become selfish....you only did it for your own sake ......you did not even think about your friend ....you cannot accomplish your goals if you act that way.....Remember my laws......... the ten commandments..." (char!)I understood what I have done.


Next morning, Mme. Kerr asked us to write about what we feel about our classmates. We will have no worries because the names will be kept confidential. After we have passed our papers, she called us one by one to tell us what our classmates feel about us.


Then, it was already my turn. I went towards the lobby of the faculty room. I was shaking I am nervous. When I reached Mme. Kerr's table; I asked if many people hated me. She said that is one of my weaknesses. I think everything negatively. Some said I always say that I have no this and that. One of my friend said that I use our scores as a basis if I excel or not I knew who is it .She asked if it was true. Yes, it was true. I know I made a lot of mistakes .I should correct them as soon as possible.
Now, I am correcting it little by little. The Lord made Rhea as an instrument. She is the reason why we are now friends. I owe Chiong a lot. We are now friends.


After the test in Bio, I ask for forgiveness to my classmate whom I have sinned .Fortunately, she forgave me.


I knew that they are true friends. I knew also that I am not a true friend but I am still trying to be one.

Leave a Reply